Tuesday, August 24, 2010

French Fried Potatoes

There were many requests from many of you my friends, to write a blog during the Great Adventure of mine. Unfortunately in line with the trip so far, I’ve been running a little behind.  Today is day 3 or rather day 2 ½. Currently we are driving through Iowa. So far I’ve seen nothing striking. There wasa burst of excitement among the travelers in the car because we spotted the factory from which my aunt used to order parts for her old Karmen Ghia. It was really nothing compared to the electricity in the car when a few states ago, Indiana, I think, we passed the RV Hall of Fame. Really.
A few hours ago we stopped at a Country-Style restaurant in White Pigeon, Michigan where they served “French Fries”, Steak Fries” and “American Fries”.  I didn’t ask the difference because I I was afraid of the conversation it might strike up. I was relieved to hear that they had discontinued the variety of fries and paired down to a single fry choice: fries. They were described as “not as big as steak fries but still seasoned and have crinkles like a French fry”.  I may make fun but I was thankful that the decision had already been made for me.

Other interesting characteristics of this little restaurant was its 7 page menu including their new pizza menu, spinach pie served with canned peaches, an Olive Burger (just what you would imagine), & The Sour du jour: Cream of Bacon.


Oh, we are passing through Ronald Regan’s hometown RIGHT NOW.

1 comment:

  1. I bet they poisoned the "French" fries, and that's why they had to discontinue them.

    So glad to see you are blogging about the trip! Excellent photo of you and Corinne and the excitement that is Iowa.

    ReplyDelete