Sunday, August 29, 2010

For Jenny Kanzler

I found these little jewels (view attached pics) in Wall, South Dakota and though is has been a few days since I was there, I have saved these pics because I believe they require special attention. I'm not sure much needs to be said. They were a part of a window display and due to the glare I was unable to capture the full scene which carried a narrative, a really f-ed up narrative. There were two  "Fox-headed" children (paws included) on the divan (pictured) who do not display the characteristic fox coloring: a cheery orange with sophisticated black tips but were bleached due to countless years of Mid-Western sun exposure. They were merely the innocent witnesses to the crime in the next window: their deer-father (hooves included) being "stuck-up" by and angry cowboy (not pictured) with a rubber mask head.

So this is the appropriate time, I think, to blog this and dedicate it to Jenny Kanzler. She is who I immediately thought off when viewing this part precious, part gruesome scene. Those of you who are familiar with her paintings will understand (http://jennykanzler.com/). So for Jenny, Abe and brand new baby Irving: I dedicate these Deer-children to you. May your future be free of villainous cowboys. Love all three of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment